Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis – this study is to offer a novel new treatment to patients with Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis who have not improved with steroids. The study also provides long term care and reimburses travel costs and makes an inconvenience payments from £ 360 up to £630 for attending all study visits.
Detailed Purpose of Study – Primary aim is to assess the efficacy of dupilumab over 12 weeks of treatment in adult patients suffering from moderate-to-severe AD, who have failed conventional treatment or are intolerant to topical steroids with or without topical calcineurin inhibitors. Patients will also be able to have additional treatment during the study if clinically indicated for AD symptoms.
Secondary aim is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of dupilumab when administered for up to 52 weeks.
· Males and females aged over 18
· Patients who have been diagnosed with Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema within the past three years and for whom topical AD remedies are either ineffective or medically inadvisable.
Length of Study: the study will last either 28 weeks or 64 weeks depending on your response to the treatment and availability.
Benefits to the Patient:
· Close monitoring
· Regular investigations – blood tests, eight, vital signs and physical examinations
· Study results will be sent to GP
· Dermatological advice
· No cost to patient for the medications provided and investigations
· Patients are reimbursed £30 per study visit (up to 21 visits) for their time plus travelling expenses
· Ability to withdraw at any time
· Participants will be eligible to take part in a follow on study that will guarantee treatment for an additional 2 years