About the Award
A Skin Care Cymru Small Grant is available to anybody wishing to carry out Welsh based research into skin disease.
Small Grant details
- Only one project to be submitted per person per grant round
- The project should be a small or pilot project
- The maximum amount of funds available for each award is £1,000.
- Not more than 50% of the small grant to be used on buying equipment
- If part of another project, the small grant is to make-up at least 30% of the total funding
- Applicants may be required to refund the grant if the project/research objectives are not fully achieved
Applying for a Skin Care Cymru Small Grant
- Assessment of the grants will take into account requests which are of a more immediate clinical relevance.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate the value of the project to dermatology in Wales.
- No ‘top-ups’ or extensions are available for any reason
- The maximum duration of the award is 1 year (although this may be extended by negotiation)
- Successful awards must be activated within 12 months
- Awards are claimed by authorised finance departments submitting a single invoice for the full amount
- A scientific and a simple lay report to be submitted upon completion of the work/project
- Skincare Cymru’s support to be mentioned in any relevant papers or presentations and copies to be forwarded to Skincare Cymru